How to choose your next WiFi printer 2020?
How to choose your next WiFi printer?
- 1 How to choose your next WiFi printer?
- 2 The finest Wi-Fi printers (lowest to highest price)
First of all, be careful what you choose, it is important to consider several parameters to choose your wireless printer. Between the price, the clutter and the features, we quickly made a purchase too hasty and regret it afterwards. So here are our tips for buying the WiFi printer for your needs.
- The features, we talked about at the beginning of the article, they are essential in choosing your printer. Whether it does not fax, it is not inconvenient because this mode of communication is no longer used today or almost. However, it is essential to have a printer that also scans and photocopiers (often, the two go hand in hand).
- The clutter, when choosing a printer, it is essential to make sure that it does not take up too much space depending on the size of your office or apartment. A printer that is too big will be too bulky on your desk, will quickly make you angry and may not fit your needs. Be careful to take a product that matches what you want to do, do not seem too big, it will do no good.
- The quality of printing, if it is to print your payslips, your tax statements and some bills, a cheap printer will suffice perfectly. On the other hand, if you want to do some good quality scanning and start printing photos on the paper provided for this purpose, put a little more money in that case. Nowadays, we offer good laser printers for not too expensive only in black and white, you can think about it if it suits your needs.
- Laser or inkjet? There are several types of printing, laser technology is better suited to people who tend to print a lot, not always in colour and do not take pictures. A laser printer can take out photos without problems but it will be in very ordinary quality on a classic A4 sheet. Be careful because the laser heats up very hard, this can produce some incompatibility with some papers. The inkjet is for more casual use, for 200 or 300 sheets per month, that’s more than enough while the laser will be ideal for 200 or 300 sheets per week.
The finest Wi-Fi printers (lowest to highest price)
Canon PIXMA MG3650S White
This is the cheapest printer in this ranking and arguably one of the best value for money. It offers the three usual functions (printer, photocopier, scanner) for a derisory sound. Be careful though, it’s durability will be limited in time. If you need a small printer to use occasionally and print a hundred sheets a month, this is ideal.
Its printing speed of 10 pages per minute is satisfactory for an entry-level inkjet printer. In addition, cartridges are not too expensive and you can take XL formats that will save you a few euros. It’s Wi-Fi, AirPrint and Google Cloud Print compatible, allowing you to print with your iPhone or Android smartphone.
HP Envy 5030
Here is a printer with a name easier to remember than the other models presented. Here, we go down in terms of functionality by abandoning the scanner. However, it is smaller than the Epson shown just above it.
AirPrint compatible, however, does not have native compatibility with Google Cloud Print. However, this does not mean that you will not be able to print with your Android smartphone. All you have to do is install a small application that is necessary for the whole thing to function and you can print with your smartphone.
Canon PIXMA TS8150
This slightly more expensive model offers Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and even an SD card port. It can only print 15 pages per minute in black and white at top speed, but offers a good print quality.
It can be controlled very easily with a 10.8-centimetre diagonal touchscreen that replaces a lot of buttons. It’s more convenient and more ergonomic, it allows users to avoid getting too lost. The only downside, the paper tray that supports only 100 sheets max.
For a reasonable price, this Brother monochrome laser printer can print up to 20 pages per minute. It’s compatible with your wireless devices via an app to install on your favourite app store.
One of the advantages is the paper tray, which can hold up to 150 sheets, unlike the others, which often only rise to 100 sheets.
HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile
This Wi-Fi inkjet printer changes quite a bit from it’s competitors in terms of design. If you want an original wireless printer, this is the right deal! Still in inkjet despite a higher price, it has native compatibility with AirPrint and will offer an application for Android smartphones.
Its big advantage is above all the very low noise it generates when printing. We are used to noisy machines that do nothing but their head, with this HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile, you inaugurate the calm.its’s20 pages per minute in black and white print are a correct speed.
HP LaserJet Pro 400 M426dw
We immediately move to a larger, more expensive model but also faster because it is a laser printer. It will be the ideal companion to print documents only in black and white, scan in high resolution quickly and make photocopies. It can be used, for example, for a self-employed entrepreneur with significant printing needs each month.
It is AirPrint compatible and can print up to 38 pages per minute. Beware though, 38 pages per minute in laser printing will be of better quality than 34 pages per minute in inkjet. Also do according to your budget and your needs.
Epson EcoTank ET-3700
Back to the inkjet with here a rather expensive model but allowing to print in 4 colours CMJN. It’s certainly more expensive to buy than a conventional inkjet printer, but it can greatly reduce your printing costs by offering up to 74% savings. The solution? No more cartridges, you buy liquid ink to put in tanks directly on the printer.
This saves a lot of money when you know the capabilities of the cartridges and the price of a litre of ink. However, you will have to put the budget for the purchase, the savings amounting to tens of euros a few months later. You also enjoy a great quality of printing and up to 33 pages per minute in black and white.
HP Colour LaserJet Pro MFP M477fdw
We are now entering the world of 4-color laser printers. This HP wireless laser printer offers only 27 pages per minute in black and white but has other advantages in its favour. First of all, it’s tray can hold up to 300 sheets, which leaves you serene even in case of a big draw.
Then it’s 4-color compatibility allows you to print any type of documents and no longer limit yourself to black and white. This is a significant advantage, but it is a certain price. It has automatic front/back and AirPrint compatibility. Its touchscreen is easy to use and makes your life easier.
HP PageWide 377dw MFP
This is the fastest inkjet printer in our ranking, printing up to 45 pages per minute. It’s colours are impeccable and it’s overall print quality as well. With almost one page per second, it’s bin to accommodate a whole branch of 500 sheets will be able to hold up in case of large prints.
It’s AirPrint compatible and also has a big advantage, it’s print speed even faster than a laser printer. It’s price however is quite high, It’s not fully suitable for individuals.
We’ve presented you to 9 models at a very attractive price to a higher price. Some are perfect for printing a few documents at home, some are more suitable for professionals and small businesses. It’s up to you to make your choice based on the desired technology (laser or inkjet) and your budget. Be careful though, some print only in black, be sure to make your choice.